Apple rompe récord… otra vez [UPDATED]
22.01.2008 @ 23:14 \11\Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:14:30 +0000\30 +0000 UTC
Apple rompe récord de ventas una vez más conviertiendo el pasado trimestre como el más exitoso de su historia
Apple on Tuesday posted revenue of $9.6 billion and net quarterly profit of $1.58 billion, or $1.76 per diluted share for its fiscal 2008 first quarter ended December 29, 2007
Apple shipped 2,319,000 Macs, representing 44 percent unit growth and 47 percent revenue growth over the year-ago quarter. The Company also said it sold 22,121,000 iPods during the quarter, representing five percent unit growth and 17 percent revenue growth over the year-ago quarter. Quarterly iPhone sales were 2,315,000.
“We’re thrilled to report our best quarter ever, with the highest revenue and earnings in Apple’s history,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “We have an incredibly strong new product pipeline for 2008, starting with MacBook Air, Mac Pro and iTunes Movie Rentals in the first two weeks.”
Por favor que alguien les diga mañana a los inversionstas de WS a ver si le meten galleta a las acciones de Apple
La nota completa aquí
UPDATE: Algunos datos:
- Leopard’s launch was deemed successful, with revenue for the quarter at $170 million. Tiger’s release generated approximately $100 million in revenue.
- 2.3 million iPhones were sold through the December quarter.
- Apple stores posted record financial results, with revenue at $1.7 billion, representing 53-percent year-over-year growth.
- The Apple stores sold a record 504,000 Macs during the quarter, representing 66-percent year-over-year growth.
- Over 50-percent of customers buying Macs were buying a Mac for the first time.
- Apple had strong cash generation during the quarter, increasing its cash balance by over $3 billion to end with over $18.4 billion in the bank.
Más info aquí